Terms & Conditions for Tri2O Reading Triathlon
In these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “us” means the Event organisers Tri2O Triathlon Club Ltd and “you” means the person entering the Event.
- Participation Rules: For your safety you must comply with the following rules: –
- You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You must follow any safety warnings and instructions displayed or given to you by us or a marshal. Please ask if you are unclear.
- We are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate. You must obtain professional or specialist advice.
- You must not participate if you are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
- You are responsible for familiarising yourself with and complying with all applicable BTF rules and regulations.
- You are responsible for ensuring the suitability and safety of your equipment. In particular, bikes must be roadworthy and cycle helmets worn.
- You must notify us at the time of entry if you have any disability requirements, such as the use of a guide dog. We will contact you and use reasonable endeavours to accommodate your request.
We reserve the right to refuse your participation in the event if you do not comply with these rules. Our decision is final.
- Conditions of Entry: By entering the Reading Triathlon you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any instructions given to you by us. Triathlon is physically challenging and carries with it risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. This includes risk of personal injury. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, participation in the Reading Triathlon is entirely at your risk and that we cannot be held responsible for any loss you incur (including damage to property), or any injury you sustain in connection with the event.
- Entry Limit: Entries will be accepted up to the entry limit in the order of the date received. Entries received after the Event is full will be put on a first-come/first-served waiting list.
- Entry Fee: If your entry is accepted your fee is not refundable. Participants are unable to defer entries to the following year’s events(s). Participants are able to take out refund protection insurance when registering. Participants are able to transfer entries to another person, up to 31/08/2021. All transfers shall be orgnaised by the participant, Tri2o Triathlon club will not act as an intermediary for this.
- Medical Condition: All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme or sporting event. Any medical condition(s) should be clearly written on the back of your race number.
- Event mementos: Only finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
- Mailing List: You will be added to our mailing list so that we can keep you informed about future events and services. Your contact details may be shared with our event partners. If you prefer your contact details not to be included, please tick the appropriate box on the entry form.
- Data Protection: We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and you have the right of access to your personal records.
- Use of image: By entering the event you give permission for the free use of your name, voice and/or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion and/or other account of this event.
- Event cancellation:
- If the event is cancelled due to Covid-19 measures or restrictions you may transfer your entry to next year’s event, or alternatively may request a full refund of your entry fee.
- If the event is cancelled or delayed due to any other unforeseen circumstances (excluding Covid-19) we will endeavour to stage the event at a later date and your entry will be automatically transferred. Unfortunately, should you not be able to participate in the delayed event or we are unable to stage the event at a later date, no refunds will be available.
We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you by the email address that you provided when entering of the cancellation or delay and will post details on the event website. Without prejudice to the above, our entire liability in respect of any costs, losses and/or expenses you may incur as a result of such cancellation or delay will be the entry price you have paid to take part in the event.
- Race numbers: The swapping of race numbers is strictly prohibited.
Change of address: If your contact details change after you submit your entry you must notify us by email at email@example.com, including your old and new contact details and date of birth.